How To Get Driving Licence In Gujarat @cot.gujarat.gov.in
To legally drive a motor vehicle in the state of Gujarat, an individual must hold a valid driving license. A driving license can be obtained by an individual who holds a learning license. A learning license in Gujarat is issued as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 by the Gujarat RTO. A learning license issued in Gujarat is valid for a period of 6 months and an application for the permanent DL can be made after 30 days or within 180 days from the date of issuance of the learning license. Gujarat learning license can be obtained by an individual by following the below-mentioned process.
When it comes to driving licenses in India, there is a certain procedure that needs to be followed. The various RTO’s and Transport Department’s in the country have set rules and regulations that need to be follows by all applicants in the country. After filling out the correct forms and submitting the correct documentation, applicants are required to give a driving licence test. Once the test is cleared, the applicant must wait for the RTO to issue the driving licence. In this time, the applicant is free to check the status of the driving licence. The RTO in every state advises applicants to only check the status of their driving licences after the initial processes are complete and the verification process has been cleared. From the time of the applicant passing the driving licence test, the RTO takes about two weeks to dispatch the driving licence. It takes another two weeks approximately for the driving licence to reach the registered address of the applicant. However, it makes no sense for the applicant to check the status of the before those initial two weeks as there would be no information on the websites. The status can be checked either through the official website of the Transport Department of Gujarat or through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website called Parivahan.
Types of learning licenses issued in Gujarat
The Gujarat RTO issues a learning license to an individual on the basis of the class of vehicle he wants to drive. Below are the types of learning licenses issued to an individual in Gujarat:
- Learning license issued for a light motor vehicle:This type of LL includes vehicles such as jeeps, auto rickshaws, delivery vans, etc.
- Learning license issued for a medium passenger vehicle:This type of LL includes vehicles such as tempos and minivans used for ferrying passengers.
- Learning license issued for a medium goods vehicle:This type of LL includes vehicles such as delivery trucks, tempos used for transportation of goods.
- Learning license issued for heavy passenger vehicle:This type of LL includes vehicles such as large buses and vans used for ferrying passengers.
- Learning license issued for heavy goods vehicle:This type of LL includes vehicles such as huge trucks and vans used for transporting goods.
- Learning license issued for a motorcycle without gear:This type of LL includes vehicles such as scooters and mopeds without gear.
- Learning license for light motor vehicle:This type of LL includes vehicles such as a car, bikes, etc. with gear.
- Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining Learning License in Gujarat
- To obtain a learning license for a motor vehicle not exceeding an engine capacity of 50cc, an individual should be above the age of 16 years and should obtain consent from his parents or guardian.
- To obtain a learning license for a light motor vehicle, an individual should be above the age of 18 years.
- To obtain a learning license for a commercial vehicle, an individual should be above the age of 20 years.
- An individual applying for a learning license should have conversed with traffic rules and regulations.
- Application Form 2
- Application fee of Rs. 30
- Learning license test fee of Rs. 25
- Application Form 2
- Passport size photographs
- Visit Ministry of Highways and Road Transport Website- parivahan.gov.in/parivahan
- Click on online services and select driving license related services
- Enter the name of the state-Gujarat
- Click on apply online and select learning license
- Fill the application form and submit it online
- Upload scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents
- Pay the application fees
- Book a test slot for the learning license test
- Visit the RTO to give the test
- The learning license is sent to the applicant’s registered address on passing the test.