How To Link Your Aadhaar Card With Your PAN & Mobile Number: The government of India has made it mandatory for citizens to link their Aadhar card with their PAN card. This linking is essential to avail many central government services and can help prevent tax evasion and fraud. Linking your Aadhar card and mobile number can ease your income tax return filing and identity verification process for government schemes.
How To Link Your Aadhaar Card With Your PAN & Mobile Number
How to link Aadhaar with PAN card online step-by-step via SMS:
- Step 1: Go to https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar, the government portal for filing income tax.
- Step 2: You will find a “Quick Links” option on the website. Under this option, you need to click on “Link Aadhar”.
- Step 3: You will be asked to provide your Aadhar number, PAN card number, and full name.
- Step 4: You will be asked to confirm whether you want your Aadhar card to be validated by checking the box.
- Step 5: You will need to fill in the relevant Captcha to prove that you’re a human.
How can I link my Aadhar card with mobile number at home?
- Step 1: Visit your nearest Aadhar card office or telecom operator branch.
- Step 2: Provide your mobile number to the executive.
- Step 3: You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile number.
- Step 4: Provide this OTP to the executive.
- Step 5: Provide your fingerprint for biometric validation.
- Go to https://uidai.gov.in/ which is the UIDAI’s official website.
- Click on MyAadhar which is a button located at the top left corner.
- Click on “Verify Mobile Number” button after clicking on MyAadhar.
- Provide the information that you’re being asked such as your mobile number, card number, etc.
Benefits of Linking Your Aadhaar with PAN
- Stops the misuse of government benefits and subsidies by individuals claiming multiple PANs
- Easier process of income tax return filing through e-verification.
- Helps in the detection and prevention of tax evasion for the income tax department.