Governments at both the national and state levels, India and Gujarat respectively, have launched an array of farmer-centric initiatives to boost agricultural income. The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation, and Farmers Welfare, in collaboration with the Horticulture Department, has introduced several schemes through the Ikhedut portal. One of the pivotal programs under this umbrella is the Pumpset Sahay Yojana. This article delves deep into the Diesel, Electric, and Petrol Pumpset Assistance Scheme, providing insights into its objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, and the application process.
Objective of Pumpset Assistance Scheme
The Gujarat Pumpset Sahay Yojana is an exceptional initiative aimed at incentivizing farmers to explore horticulture, thereby augmenting their income. Specialized equipment such as water pumps plays a pivotal role in efficiently irrigating crops and plants, ultimately boosting productivity.
Eligibility for Availing the Scheme
To access the benefits of the Pumpset Sahay Yojana, applicants must fulfill specific criteria laid out by the Department of Horticulture. Here are the key eligibility prerequisites:
- Residency in Gujarat: Applicants must be residents of Gujarat.
- Farmer Status: The applicant must be recognized as a farmer.
- Geographical Restriction: The scheme is accessible to individuals living in specific districts, including Anand, Bharuch, Surat, Valsad, Navsari, Narmada, Tapi, Vadodara, Panchmahal, and Kheda.
- Approved Vendor: The equipment must be purchased from an approved vendor.
- Online Application: Beneficiary farmers are required to submit an online application on the Ikhedut platform.
Benefits Available under Pumpset Assistance Scheme
The Pumpset Sahay Yojana offers substantial benefits to eligible farmers in the designated districts. Here’s what eligible farmers can expect:
- Financial Assistance: Farmer beneficiaries will receive financial assistance, covering up to 50% of the cost of the pumpset, with a maximum limit of 10 HP or Rs. 15,000.
- Minimum Plantation Area: To be eligible, a minimum plantation area of 2 hectares is mandatory.
- Plantation Assistance: Assistance for plantation will be available during the second year of the program.
How to Apply for Pumpset Assistance Scheme?
Applying for the Pumpset Sahay Yojana is a straightforward process. Follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: https://ikhedut.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Navigate to the ‘Pumpset Support Scheme’ option on the Ikhedut portal.
- Under the ‘Horticulture Plans’ section, find ‘Diesel/Electric/Petrol Pumpset – (Oilpalm HRT –6)’ and click ‘Apply.’
- You will be prompted to confirm whether you are a registered farmer. Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ accordingly.
- Provide the required information, including your Aadhaar card and mobile number, to complete the application.
- After submitting the application, ensure all details are accurate, as no changes will be allowed once it’s confirmed.
- Upon successful submission, you will receive a printed copy, which you must endorse and submit to the Ikhedut portal.
The Pumpset Sahay Yojana is a progressive scheme that aims to empower farmers in Gujarat, particularly in the realm of horticulture. By providing financial assistance for pumpsets, the government is encouraging increased productivity and income. Farmers in the specified districts can take advantage of this scheme, provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
To learn more about this initiative and explore other horticulture schemes, visit the official website of the Pumpset Sahay Yojana.
1. Who is eligible for the Pumpset Sahay Yojana?
- Farmers in Gujarat residing in specific districts, including Anand, Bharuch, Surat, Valsad, Navsari, Narmada, Tapi, Vadodara, Panchmahal, and Kheda, are eligible.
2. What is the maximum financial assistance provided under this scheme?
- Beneficiary farmers can receive up to 50% of the pumpset’s cost, with a maximum limit of 10 HP or Rs. 15,000.
3. How can I apply for the Pumpset Sahay Yojana?
- To apply, visit https://ikhedut.gujarat.gov.in/, navigate to the relevant scheme, and complete the online application.
4. What role does the Department of Horticulture play in this scheme?
- The Department of Horticulture specifies eligibility criteria and administers the scheme to ensure it benefits the intended farmers.
5. Can I make changes to my application after it’s confirmed?
- No, once an application is confirmed, no changes or increments are allowed, so it’s crucial to double-check all information before submission.