Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Account (Abha Card) What is Health ID?
On 27th September, 2021, the Government of India launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Health Mission (ABDM). The goal of this mission was to provide digital health ID to all citizens of India which would facilitate easy access to medical records. This ID is a 14-digit identification number that can be used from anywhere in India. Thus, you can share your health information with medical professionals across India without any geographical barriers.
ABHA Digital Health Card Online Application 2023
This table highlights the crucial details regarding online application for ABHA Digital Health ID.
|Name of the scheme||Digital Health Card|
|Initiated by whom||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Application Fee||free of charge|
|Necessary documents||Aadhaar Card/PAN Card/Driving License|
|application||NDHM Health Records|
Why is it necessary to create an Abha card?
Carrying medical reports with you every time you visit a hospital can be a hassle. Keeping track of your medical history can also be challenging. The ABHA Digital Health ID Card solves these problems by storing all your medical information in one place. So, you can share your ID number with medical professionals like doctors and insurance companies and they can instantly see your medical information.
Benefits of Abha Card – ABHA Card Benefits
If you apply and download the ABHA Health ID Card, you can get the following benefits.
- You can access all your medical information like reports, diagnoses, drug prescriptions, etc., with just a few clicks.
- You can easily share your medical records with hospitals, clinics, doctors etc. Thus, you can get medical care in new areas as well.
- You can use Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR) which is a compilation of details of all doctors in India.
- You can also use the Health Facility Registry (HFR) which is a list of all government and private medical facilities in India.
- This card is also valid in AYUSH treatment facilities. Treatments include Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
How to Apply Online for ABHA Health ID Card Registration?
Primarily, there are two ways you can apply for ABHA Health ID card registration online. ie through Aadhaar Card or Driving License. Let us discuss these two methods in brief.
You can use your Aadhaar to register for an ABHA Health ID, if it is linked to your mobile number. This is required for OTP authentication. If your mobile number is not linked with your Aadhaar, you can take help of ABDM participant facility.
By driving license
If you use your driving license, you will only get the registration number from the ABDM portal. After that, you will need to take your driver’s license to the nearest ABDM participating facility to verify your identity. Once that is done, your ABHA Health ID will be generated.
Documents required for Abha Card
Online registration for ABHA registration generally does not require submission of any physical documents. However, you may need to enter the following information to generate your ABHA ID.
- mobile no
- Aadhaar Number
- PAN card
- Driving license number (for generating registration number only)
How to create your Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number (Health Card ID).
Your ABHA Health ID card can be obtained online as follows:
- Through the official website ( www.healthid.ndhm.gov.in ).
- Through the ABHA Mobile App
- Through other third party apps like Paytm
- Some health centers may offer facilities and assistance for online registration